Quarantine Diaries Part-2

Welcome to Quarantine Diaries Part-2.

Another set of stories featuring how my quarantine days rolled by. 

My Quarantine days are all about ameliorating. I mean you can either keep whining over the situation you have no control on or you can make the best out of every situation by being a little optimistic.

Some special days came about in this quarantine and Part-2 is a quick apprise on what I did for those days.

Starting by Mother’s Day, our usual way of celebrating it is by going to some fancy restaurant and having a North Indian meal (my mom’s favourite).

But this time, it started by waking up early for a surprise! 

To begin the day, I made her a strong cardamom tea or as we Indians say, “Kadhak Elaichi wali Chai” and I know this gesture sounds too small; but trust me I knew I made her day just by doing this.

After some Poha in breakfast, we video called my grandmother and talked for a while. 

As it was maa’s day, my lazy-self had to do something more than the 2-minute noodles, so I decided to bake her a banana and nut cake (glad we had some ripe bananas).

Thankfully the cake turned out pretty well and in the evening I asked Mom to dress up for the cake cutting followed by a 3-course dinner prepared by chef Archa that included Mojito to begin with and Shahi Paneer and breads in the main course.


If I talk about birthdays in quarantine, one story would always pop up in my mind. My best friend had her corona-edition birthday and this time I thought I won’t be able to do anything more than wishing her virtually.

As per the plan, the next morning for me was like any other quarantine morning, I started my day by scrolling through social media with a coffee in my hand. While doing that, I saw a “one year ago memory”, we went to Gurugram, Haryana that day last year.

After the pictures brought back memories, something didn’t feel right so I decided to prepare a batter for her favorite chocolate cake and baked it.

Got ready, grabbed my corona essentials and drove to her place. Showed at her door with a cake in my hand and her expressions were priceless.

So less is needed to make your loved ones happy.

I guess life doesn’t always turn out the way you plan or the way you imagine but when life gives you lemons, make lemonade and enjoy every sip of it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places I Visited Post-Lockdown

In the Times of Corona...

At the Outset...