In the Times of Corona...

When the entire nation was locked down, we naturally started missing our usual life.


Like the morning rush, as a student of a university which strictly abides by the 75% attendance rule, I have always struggled with making in time to the college for the first class; but when the lockdown was announced my mornings which used to start with a hurry to get to the college were switched with household chores, me leaving the house with an unfinished coffee and a toast in my hand turned into a full-fledged heavy breakfast which obviously made my mom really happy 


But I missed the fast moving life.

The morning makeup routine was no longer a part of my day, the messed-up buns and comfy clothes made me forget what dressing up really is.

I even started missing the Delhi-traffic. For us millennials living in the capital, the dashboard story was a part of our routine too. 

But things that I really missed were getting a change of atmosphere at work and having a normal work routine. These things really made heading back to home a real stress buster. And do I really need to mention sudden hang out plans with friends, eating out at my favorite restaurants and the weekend, like I have really forgotten what the excitement of approaching weekend used to be. 



Now, with the start of June and after surviving 4 lockdowns, there’s UNLOCK-1, one of the most awaited days which allows a maximum chunk of our day-to-days to be normalised after 8th June. And after 68 days of cussing this lockdown, I cannot help but have mixed feelings for it.

Now, I’ll miss the time I got to spend with my family, the skin and hair care routine, me waking up 15 minutes before an online lecture or a work call.

Everything about this quarantine made me realise that time wasn’t the one moving fast, it was me.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Places I Visited Post-Lockdown

At the Outset...